COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- We hope you are ok with this.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data that is placed in the browser of your computer or on your mobile device. This Privacy and Cookies Policy applies to cookies and similar technologies (hereafter together referred to as “cookies”).
Why are cookies used?
Web pages have no memory. If you are surfing from page to page within a website, you will not be recognised as the same user across pages. Cookies allow you to be recognised as the same user across the pages of a website. Cookies also allow your choices to be remembered – choices such as the language you prefer, the currency you use and your search criteria. They will also make sure you are recognised when you return to a website.
Do all cookies do the same thing?
No, there are different types of cookie and different ways of using them. Cookies can be categorised according to their function, their lifespan and according to who places them on a website.
How are cookies used?
Our apps and website uses the following types of cookie:
- Technical cookies: We try to give our visitors an advanced and user-friendly website that adapts automatically to their needs and wishes. To achieve this, we use technical cookies to show you our website, to make it function correctly, to create your user account, to sign you in and to manage your bookings. These technical cookies are absolutely necessary for our services to function properly.
- Functional cookies: We also use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you to use our services efficiently and effectively, for example by remembering your preferred currency and language, your searches and the ideas and trips you viewed earlier. These functional cookies are not strictly necessary for the functioning of our services, but they add functionality for you and enhance your experience.
- Analytics cookies: We use these cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use the apps and website, to find out what works and what doesn't, to optimise and improve our website and to ensure we continue to be interesting and relevant. The data we gather includes which web pages you have viewed, which referring/exit pages you have entered and left from, which platform type you have used, date and time stamp information and details such as the number of clicks you make on a given page, your mouse movements and scrolling activity, the search words you use and the text you type while using our services. We also make use of analytics cookies as part of our online advertising campaigns to learn how users interact with our services after they have been shown an online advertisement – which may include advertisements on third-party websites. However, we will not know who you are, and will only obtain anonymous data. Our business partners may also use analytics cookies to learn if their customers make use of accommodation offers integrated into their websites.
- Commercial cookies: We use third-party cookies as well as our own to display personalised advertisements on our apps, websites and on other websites. This is called “retargeting,” and it is based on browsing activities, such as the ideas or destinations you have been searching for. Commercial cookies may also be used by selected third parties to display their products and services through our website.