Faraway offers online travel-related services through its websites, applications and through other online platforms such as third parties’ and partners’ websites and social media. The information that follows applies to all of these platforms.
Faraway may amend the Privacy and Cookies Policy from time to time, so visit this page regularly to keep abreast of the updates. If you disagree with this Privacy and Cookies Policy, you should discontinue using our services.
What kind of personal information and data does Faraway collect and use?
- When you engage with Faraway’s travel-related services, you will be asked for your name, email address, phone number, D.O.B, city of residence and some information about your travel preferences. We may also collect data about the pages you visit on our apps and sites, as well as any other personal information you may provide to Faraway whilst engaging with our services.
- When you subscribe to Faraway’s newsletter, you will be asked for your name and email address.
- When you visit our applications or websites, even if you do not engage with Faraway’s services, we may collect generic information about your visits to and use of the Site such as your IP address, which browser you’re using, and information about your geographical location, referral source, length of visit and number of page views. Individual users will not be identifiable from this information and we may use it for a number of purposes such as and without limitation optimising the use of the site, disclosing to third party contributors or for security purposes. In particular, we may use an analytics service provider for website traffic analysis and reporting, in addition to tracking your movements around our website.
- When you post content to our applications or websites, including comments, photos or other materials, this may be visible to other users, and is stored on our servers for the purposes of making the content available. This means that other users may search for, see, use, or share any content that you make publicly available, consistent with the terms and conditions of this Privacy and Cookies Policy. We advise you to be selective about what information you post or that you provide to other users.
Why does Faraway collect information, and how is it used?
- Our services: We use your data to help us to deliver and improve our travel-related services, to benefit you:
- Recommendations: Collecting personalised data helps us to improve the recommendations that we make in order to better meet your individual travel needs.
- Reservations: We use your personal data to complete and administer your online reservations and forward your reservation details to the provider you have booked with.
- Customer service: Sharing your details with us allows us to respond when you need us.
- Improvements: We may use the data you share with us to enhance the client experience, and to improve the quality of our services.
- Account administration: We may at a later stage offer a client account facility on our website, whereby you can manage your profile, create ideas and trips, manage bookings, take advantage of special offers and make future reservations more easily.
- Guest reviews: We may at a later stage introduce a review function where clients can post reviews of various providers’ products and services.
- Trip communications: We will contact you by email, by post, by phone or by texting you, depending on the information you share with us, in relation to your trip. For example:
- We may need to respond to and handle requests you have made.
- We may send you a summary of upcoming experiences or trips, or previous reservations you made through Faraway.
- We may email you a reminder to continue with your trip planning or booking.
- We may email you invoices in relation to your trip.
- We may also send you other material related to your trip, such as how to contact Faraway if you need assistance while you are away, and information that we feel might be useful to you in planning or getting the best out of your trip.
- After you use our services, we may send you a questionnaire or invite you to provide a review about your experience with Faraway.
3. Marketing communications: We also use your information for marketing activities, as permitted by law. For example:
- When you engage with our travel services, we may use your contact information to send you relevant news of similar travel-related products and services in future. With your consent, we may also send you other regular newsletters by email.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we may send you regular newsletters by email.
- You can opt out, or unsubscribe, from marketing communications at any time using the “Unsubscribe” link in each newsletter.
- Based on the information you share with us, individualized offers may be shown to you on the Faraway website, or on third-party websites, including social media sites.
- If we believe that a particular offer may be of interest to you, we may decide to make contact with you by email.
- We occasionally invite our subscribers to participate in market research or other interactive features of our service.
- Analytics: We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by our Users’ devices or our Service, including the web pages visited, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. This analytics information cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Fraud detection and prevention: Finally, we may use personal data for the detection and prevention of fraud and other illegal or unwanted activities.
With whom does Faraway share information?
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share your information with third-party organizations that help us provide our services to you, such as hotels or activities that you choose to book as part of your trip. Our service providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide our service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
In the event of a change of control of Faraway:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant or court order) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the U.K. where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
- Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
How does Faraway store information?
- The information we collect from you may be stored and processed in the U.K. or any other country in which Faraway or our service providers maintain facilities.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected from you secure. However, Faraway cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for controlling access to emails between you and Faraway at all times.
What are your rights regarding the information Faraway holds?
- You may contact us at any time in relation to your information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You are entitled to see the information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure that it is accurate and kept up to date.
- You may request that we cease sending you marketing information at any time by contacting us or clicking unsubscribe in any of our newsletters.
- You are also entitled to request us to cease processing your data at any time.
- We are entitled by law to request that you provide us with appropriate identification for verification purposes.
What about other websites and service providers?
- We, Faraway, are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from our website or other communications, including the information or content contained within them.